The Idiot Tax
No, not the lottery.
It's lunchtime on a Sunday and I'm having a sandwich while watching 'Growing Up Gotti.' Suddenly I have an idea.
Now, I'm not one to suffer petty jealousies. In this town, if you felt some form of envy everytime a Benz or Beemer passes you, you'd never want to get out of bed in the morning. But it does drive me nuts when those individuals of inherited wealth seem to forget that somewhere, sometime, someone actually worked to earn all that money so easily frittered away on trinkets and baubles.
So here's my solution.
If you are a recipient of inherited wealth, and you appear on a reality program of any kind (online, film, TV, mobile, etc) then every dollar over 25,000/year is taxed at 75%. If I have to watch anyone's kid make a complete fool of themselves in a shameless fashion (The Simple Life, Growing Up Gotti, that awful film on HBO a few years' back, etc) then someone should pay.
If money truly has no meaning, then let's test that theory to the limit.
M

1 Comments:
i'd take it further...
the enabling parents of 'my super sweet 16' should be beaten to death. the daughter should probably just be tortured a little - after all, how could they know any better?
as the viewer, i should pay some price as well. like losing 'sopranos' watching rights or something.
Post a Comment
<< Home