Westcoastmedia

NYC/International advertising/media guy and his family move west in search of...everything. Periodic rants about life, work, and the dog.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Bonfire of the Vanities

It's an amusing distraction here that so many folks have custom plates on their cars. Well, actually, it's probably a dangerous diversion since between the cup of coffee in one hand, a cell phone in another, and half your active brain cells trying to understand why any idiot would spend good money on something as erudite as 'BOBSTOY' it's a wonder you don't see people lose control of their cars skid off the road on a regular basis.

Seriously, 90% of the plates are about as witty as the annoying boss from Office Space, whose Porsche plates read 'MYPRCHE'. Another 9% are indecipherable. Leaving the 1% genuinely witty creation. I'll let you know when I find it.

Just the other day I drove past a beat-up coupe with 'PWR F LUV' plates. I would have figured Huey Lewis for a truck, but times are tough.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barry said...

I have to agree with you. LA loves stupid personalized license plates almost as much as they love stupid license plate frames. My favorite to date is "Life is a Caberet" on a $140,000 Porsche GT2.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home