Boldface Names
Assimilation has begun in earnest. Last night I partied with Paris and Nicky Hilton.
Let me rephrase that.
Last night I was AT a party with Paris and Nicky Hilton. For the record, Paris was dressed completely in leopard print. (Attention PETA - I think it was still breathing)
Don't mind me if I end the Hilton sister references there, because my attention at the party was distracted by a gaggle of models having dinner behind me who kept making a racket. They were noisy, kept bumping into our chairs, and insisted on clapping when Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy walked by. I kid you not.
The view of Madonna kept getting obscured by Robbie Williams, dressed in a cravat, because he insisted on standing up in the middle of the dining room and talking in an extremely loud voice. I think that may have irritated Sienna Miller, but Kiera Knightly didn't seem to mind.
I got a better view of Madonna when Guy Ritchie was standing next to me at the bar. Boy, is she tiny. Definitely shorter than I am.
I made small talk later that night with some guy named Duncan, from a UK based boyband called 'Blu.' He was very polite, pretending not to be annoyed when my companions and I had no idea who he was.
All of this took place at the Soho House LA, which is a rented palace at the top of the Hollywood Hills. Quote a view, but some of the rooms hadn't been redecorated in a while. The screening room has red shag pile carpet everywhere. How 1981. While wandering around I interrupted some UK TV star who was putting the moves on some blonde I didn't recognize. Oh well.
The view from the house was amazing. I think Helena Christensen seemed to enjoy it, as I believe that's what she told Jamie Oliver ('the naked chef') and Eliza Dushku.
I left around 12.30am. The Hilton sisters fled before me, but I think the evening was just getting started. Too bad I had a 9am budget meeting....
All of this is 100% true.
Welcome to LA....

3 Comments:
Drop those names like they are bombs
isn't that your ear between the Hiltons?
really max, if you're going to write about famous people then you oughta get your facts right - it's "blue" not "blu". as an x big fan i personally feel insulted. well not really. but i'm so jeolous you saw duncan! he's "the babe" one, grr. i still have posters of them somewhere in my draw...
-timna
Post a Comment
<< Home