Westcoastmedia

NYC/International advertising/media guy and his family move west in search of...everything. Periodic rants about life, work, and the dog.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Efficiency is not the city's strong suit

I'm driving home from work last night, thru the Cahuenga pass into Holywood proper, and I see that Hollywood Blvd is completely closed to traffic as they have set up bleachers, tents, and other set ups for the Oscars, which are being held on that block.

This is Tuesday night we're talking about. The Oscars...are on...Sunday. Um, why do they need to close the street for 5 solid days in order to let Joan Rivers do her schtick for 90 minutes?

In NYC, over 1 Million people come to Times Square for New Year's Eve. The police and sanitation and traffic workers have that whole zone closed off no later than early that morning, and the place is back to regular traffic by the following evening.

C'mon Los Angeles...could you at least have waited until Friday? How many rush hours do you need to disrupt? It's not like the weather is a factor...unless it rains again like it did on Monday and a tsunami-like wall of water rushes down Hollywood Blvd, erasing all the hard work of unfolding chairs and vacuuming red carpet. I just hope the valet parking charge covers the cost of all this for the Academy...I hate to think my new taxes are paying for all this.

M

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home