What shall we do with the drunken mover?
Send him home and get a replacement.
Seriously.
Movers came to my place on Tuesday to pack us up (thank you, corporate benefactors) and one of them was wasted. I didn't realize that at first, despite the clues:
A) He smelled like gasoline
B) Every time I said something he agreed with, he would should "f%@k you, that's awesome!" and try to shake my hand.
C) I caught him taking a swig from my half-empty bottle of Jameson's Whiskey
What does one do when confronted with something like this? I suppose a more upstanding citizen might put hands on hips and feign some kind of superiority over a guy who needed to steal a drink at 10am on a Tuesday. But I shy away from confrontation in a life-long quest for efficiency and the avoidance of mental strife.
As soon as he saw me, the mover put the bottle down and said, "I was just fooling around." The crew chief, who was working his tail off, looked at me and shook his head. I just shrugged my shoulders and said, "just keep packing, please."
30 minutes later all 3 movers took a break. 45 minutes later Drunky McSwearwords was gone, replaced by a guy with more tattoos and a fearsome work ethic. The other movers were very profesional about it, to their credit.

1 Comments:
hilarious
Post a Comment
<< Home